3/10/2010

Letters to the Captian



-----------------------------------------------------

Hi all,: Michigan Congressional District 1

Jeezo Peetzos, I hope we can make a dent in some of the thick skulls that live up here. I am a Traverse City, MI transplant, a Troll, as the locals say. I am disgusted with the way our Government is operating, as if we weren't even in existence. It is time to kick some sand and demand some recognition of OUR needs and wishes. I am disgusted with the PORK windfalls and the vote buying. The only time my little town even gets recognized and listened to is as an afterthought at election time. It's not a pleasant picture when all the PORK is put on display at once as a giant vote puller. I wrote my local "newspaper" recently and made a huge bid to show my fellow Americans in my town how bad the Healthcare Bill and the coming Cap and Trade Bill are. I got a response from our Representative (most likely his staff of hard of hearing people) that slammed me and my letter into the next county. I bit my teeth and wrote back a response, but it surpassed the 900 words the Editor would allow for a response. Then, my next thought was to just say: "You can pee in my face, but don't tell me it's raining!" The Editor would have printed that response, but I declined to get that far into the gutter-- :(( On second thoughts, I should have done it. - Becky Miles

0 comments:

Post a Comment